Who we are
This explains the types of personal data Kafui Afenyo (also known and sometimes trades as KAFMEDIA Ltd., Registered in England and Wales Number: 06420095, hereby known in this policy as ‘we’ and ‘us’) may collect about you when you interact with us. Your data, where collected, is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. We do not disclose data to any third parties unless disclosure is necessary to fulfil a service to you or you have specifically given us consent for a particular service, or we have a legitimate interest in disclosing such data as outlined below.
If you have any questions not answered by this policy, please contact us or write to us at 23 Curtis Close, Watchfield. SN6 8RP, United Kingdom. Tel: +44(0)7932 951459. Other contact details are also found on this website.
Legal bases for collection and processing personal data
Under the General Data Protection Regulations the following legal bases for processing your data are relied on:
- Legal – we are obliged to process some personal data to comply with the law such as, if you place an order with us or we provide you with a service, we must retain some personal data for at least six years to comply with the Sale of Goods Act 1982, Consumer Rights Act of 2015 and HMRC guidance.
- Consent – your consent is asked for when marketing to you via email or post. If you consent we can collect and process your data for this purpose.
- Contract – sometimes your personal data is needed to be collected and processed to fulfil a contract with you, such as to place an order or provide a service or to provide a quote.
- Legitimate interests – some personal data is collected and processed to pursue our legitimate interests in a way you would reasonably expect as part of running our business; such as to provide new products or services.
The kinds of personal data we collect
We may collect and process all or some of the following information, depending on the service or product we provide you or your interaction with us:
- Address details
- Phone number
- Email address
- Marketing preferences
- Employment status
- Order history
- IP addresses (these are collected either through the use of a computer or a mobile device for the sole purpose of offering you our service, in certain cases for marketing analytics and also for the prevention of spam)
- This includes photographs or video. If uploaded to our website, may contain embedded location data (EXIF GPS) or other identifiable data if not removed by you. Visitors to our website could download and extract any location or similar data from the images. We do our best to remove any identifiable data from the photographs we use on our website as much as possible but if there is any that still remains and you will like us to remove, please contact us and we will do so.
How we protect your personal data
We take reasonable steps to safeguard any personal data held with us either through encryption or password protection and where not needed, such as email correspondences, chat conversations are permanently deleted or auto deleted within 30 – 120 days where appropriate. Our website is held on a secure server using a verified SSL (secure socket layer) system for transferring data. If you click on the small padlock symbol at the top of your browser’s screen, next to the web address, you will be taken to the site’s security certificate. This applies to orders placed via the website and any third party transaction processed on our behalf such as via Paypal or any other third party merchant we might use.
For the purpose of providing our services to you, we sometimes keep some personal data (i.e. photographs and or videos) offline on computer disks or in the cloud using external hosting services such as, but not limited to, DropBox, Apple iCloud, Box, Amazon, Google and others. These are password protected and encrypted as much as possible and deleted when no longer required.
Who we share your personal data with
Sometimes we need to share your personal data with trusted third parties. In these instances, your data will only be used for the exact purpose we specify and will be transferred and stored securely, deleted or rendered anonymous if we stop working with that third party.
Some examples of the third parties with whom we might share your data with are:
- Payment-processing services (i.e. Paypal, Stripe, Amazon)
- Email marketing service providers (i.e. MailChimp)
- Delivery couriers and postal services
- Marketing mailing houses
- Customer service management systems
- Marketing companies who analyse our customer data
- External Backup Companies (i.e. DropBox, Apple iCloud, Amazon, Box, Google)
This list is not exhaustive and may change from time-to-time in line with our business practices and processes. Any data, if shared, with a third party will only be done with trusted ones that are GDPR compliant and adopt correct security standards.
How long we keep your data
We will only keep your data for as long as it is needed either for legal and regulatory purposes as stated above or for legitimate business purposes. After that, we’ll either delete it completely or render it anonymous, removing any personal identifiable elements associated with it.
You can request at anytime to see the data we keep on you and ask for it to be removed or destroyed earlier if held, for example, for six years in order to comply with legal obligations when you place an order with us.
Your rights over personal data
Your data is yours and you have the right, but not limited to:
- Access your personal data, free of charge
- Have your personal data rectified if out of date or incorrect
- Have personal data erased, unless that would conflict with our legal obligations
- Withdraw consent for us to use personal data, if you have previously given consent
- Object to us processing your personal data and/or stop us using data for direct marketing
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please contact us.
How to stop us using your data for direct marketing
You can stop us marketing to you via post, email or chat (i.e. via WhatsApp or similar platforms) in the following ways:
- By clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you or
- By contacting us and asking to opt out
Please note, you may continue to receive marketing from us for a short period after opting out.
Our contact information is stated on our website (www.kafmedia.com). You can also contact us by writing to us at 23 Curtis Close, Watchfield, SN6 8RP. Tel: +44(0)7932 951459
How to Complain
In the rare instance that you might want to complain about the unsatisfactory usage of your data, please contact us as a first step using our contact information stated above. If however we have not been able to satisfactorily resolve your query, you can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at the address below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113